Site Map Creation and submission
What is Site Map:- sitemap is a webpage/ file that contains the list of WebPages of the entire site. Crewless like bing bot or google bot can read the list of files easily. So this can improve your ranking as well as keyword position in results. A site map is a very helpful tool. That can improve the crawling of your site, particularly if
- Site is updating daily
- New content or new webpage added
- Content of website is large
- Now internal or external links
Types of sitemap:- there are basically 5 of site Map
- HTML Sitemap
- XML Sitemap
- Text Sitemap
- ROR Sitemap
- RSS feed as Sitemap
1. HTML Sitemap: – HTML sitemap is useful for both end user as well as search engines because sitemap contains the important path of all site. So everyone can find the particular link to the website.
2. XML Sitemap: – in your 2005 Google started its own XML based results. It was called Google Sitemaps later another search engine follows this technique. In these days all major search engines like Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, MSM, ask IBM support XML sitemaps.
So XML Sitemap is very important part of SEO Techniques.
There are many online websites that can help you to create XML sitemap without any cost, you just have to enter URL of the website then you can easily download XML sitemap as well as other sitemaps without any cost.
3. Text sitemap: – text sitemap contains links to every page in new line. e.g
Example of Text Site map
4. ROR Sitemaps: – (Resources of a resource). The extension of ROR sitemap is.ROR. all search engines that understand RSS feed can read ROR file Extension.
5. RSS feed: – RSS stands on really simple syndication) is often used in feed files for the blog, forums etc. RSS file format is in XML language. Now, these days all major search engines can Read RSS feed website.
How to create sitemap: – there are a number of websites that offer free services to create sitemaps in major forms like. XML, .TXT, .html, .ROR etc.
How to submit sitemap: – first of all you need to create a site map and then need to place sitemap in the root folder.
epsinfotech.in/sitemap.XML or Epsinfotech.in/sitemap.html.
After placing site map in Root directory you need to upload it Google/Bing using Google webmaster tools or Bing webmaster tools.
Google webmaster tools: – A Google webmaster tool helps you to identify issues with your site and can help to sort out all major and minor problems of websites.
How to use GWT:-
- Create an account on google.
- Add website to your account
- Verify website by downloading google file and upload to root directory of your website.
After verification, you will see a dashboard with the number of options. Then. There are many sections in GWT like
- Site messages
- Site settings
- Google Tools Preference
- User accounts
- Structured data
- Data highlighter
- HTML improvement
- Site links
- Search queries
- Google index
- Fetch as Google
- Submission of sitemap
Bing webmaster tools: – Bing is powered by Microsoft. Almost procedure of creating and submitting sites is similar to Google webmaster tools